Aizawl: is the capital of the state of Mizoram in Northeast India. With a resident population of around 300,000.
Minas Tirith: was the capital of Gondor in the Third Age and the Fourth Age of Middle-earth in the Lord of the Rings.
- Both Cities are perched on the side of mountain.
- Both Cities were built as fort, Aizawl was initially built as Aijal fort.
- Minas Tirith was known as Minas Anor, Aizawl used to be known as Aijal.
- During war of the ring in Minas Tirth, majority of the people fled, similarly during the MNF uprising in Aizawl, majority of the people fled due bombing by jet fighter.
- The king of Minas Tirth lived on the 7th level, the highest point of the City, the Chief Minister of Mizoram lives in Babutlang, one of the highest point in the hill side city of Aizawl.