Monday, April 23, 2007

Puducherry fire breakout

Fire breakout in our neighbourhood, took this picture from the rooftop of our office.








At least two persons were burnt to death and a number of huts gutted in a major fire that broke out in Fransua Thoppu near the Railway Station, at Vanarapet at about 6 p.m. on Friday.
Source: the Hindu










Probable cause of the fire could be due to unattended gas stove which catches fire on thatched roofs like this which are good fuel for fire.

Some people were wondering why fire broke out every year, and weather it was because people wanted compensation, but going and having a look around, it was sad to see people in tears, mothers wailing, and people running away with their belongings.

1 comment: