Thursday, February 8, 2007

Adventist Training School Near Jowai, Meghalaya



Principal's house - cozy house - stayed here from 1984-1986. I love the lawn and the pear tree in the backyard.









Left Hand Drive Willys Jeep, It was still there in 1986.




The backside of the School with the School Chapel in View
















Took this picture with tall pine trees on both sides of the road



Beautiful rolling hills full of pine trees




The hills here lazily roll around with lakes and rivers in between. Clean air free of pollution, green grass, lots of wild life & herbs in the forest.



An Old Army Truck - Shaktiman used for carrying coal from mines, it's quite powerful being a 4 wheel drive vehicle.



The Joining River Dam, which is no longer there now.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Guys! I think ATS is one of the best places on earth. Had some of the best times of my life there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lung ava tileng ve Shillong pics chu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ATS is my second home, a place where I grew up. The pics have brought back many happy memories of a delightful childhood and the days when everything was just 'right'. Thanks! I lived there from 1960 to 1972! so you can very well imagine how much your pictures mean to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Pics, really appreciate it and come to think of it i just wished we were in the digital age back then,we could stored so many pictures.
    The best memories i have of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well thanks for all the comments... am fortunate to get the pictures from other people who had them scanned fortunately, have spent quite a part of my childhood here, memories still linger of those days... the beautiful pine trees, rolling hills, rain, fresh bread, swimming in the river, going for camp on tents..... the list goes on....

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Twas way back in the early 90s that I was there. You know, life was perfect. Browsing through the pictures today took me away to those days...going on hike..bathing at the joining river and bridge side..well yes everything.
    I was lucky to be in that famly

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh....it was 29 yrs back where i use to swim and play with frns,i miss dos days so much....

    ReplyDelete