Wednesday, January 31, 2007

BEST FRIEND

What is the definition of ‘best friend’?
A best friend is the one friend who is closest to you. A person you know well and regard with affection and trust. For me, my best friend is someone very close to me who understands me in and out and is always there for me through thick and thin. My best friend is someone with whom I can be myself and accepts me the way I am. He/She is also someone with whom I share my deepest secrets, my thoughts and my dreams…

For some strange reason, diamonds are a girl’s best friend but dog are a man’s best friend. I personally never gave it a thought much until I watched “BLOOD DIAMOND” and am sure the opinion changes here. Thanks to Leonardo Dicaprio who acted brilliantly .I never did like him but I think I got a crush on him now ;)
What is ‘blood diamond’?
A blood diamond (also called a conflict diamond or a war diamond) is a
diamond mined in a war zone and sold, usually clandestinely, in order to finance an insurgent or invading army's war efforts.
Human rights organizations link more than four million deaths and millions more displaced people to the trade in blood diamonds. The movie Blood Diamond highlights the role that the illicit diamond trade played in the chaotic 1990s civil war in the African nation of Sierra Leone .The stones also funded armed conflicts in Angola, Liberia, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Today the illicit diamond trade is believed to fund armed conflict in Côte D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) and may finance terrorists groups such as al Qaeda

When I was in 5th std, I had a dog named Dingo. It was black in color and I simply adored it .It would follow me everywhere I go and would even walk me to school everyday. Dingo gave me a sense of security. My dad was doing his PhD in the Philippines those days so it sure kept our family guarded. One day, a mad dog came along and bit my dear Dingo and miserably died that day. With the pain and loss I went through that day, I am hesitant to have a pet. Now, I have a diamond ring which is nothing compared to the dog who was so kind and loyal to me. I would trade my diamond ring to get my dingo back anyday.
Have U ever compared diamond with dog ?
I know for sure both words start with the letter ‘D’ ;)
They are both precious, very precious indeed. Diamond is precious as ready money whereas dog with the feelings . A dog is a living being and can understand feelings whereas diamond is merely a dead shinning stone. We can learn how to be kind and loyal from a dog. What can we learn from a diamond? Diamond might enhance our outer looks and make us stand out in the crowd but it can’t make us look elegant. We need to have the poise and the confidence to carry the precious stone. To have the poise and confidence, it’s all about inner beauty which is first acquired by choosing dog to a diamond.
I just want to conclude here by asking you “why make a diamond or a dog be your best friend ?” Am sure there are people out there waiting for you to open your heart and be your best friend. I love my best friends and they are incomparable to Diamond or Dog. I would trade a dog and a diamond ring if I lost my best friend ;)
by Sangi…

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the new India search engine
    www.ByIndia.com they added all the cool features of popular productslike MySpace,YouTube, Ebay,craigslist,etc.all for free to use and specifically for India.Anyone else try this yet? ByIndia.com First to Blend Search,Social Network,Video Sharing and Auctions Into One Seamless Product for Indian Internet Users.

    ReplyDelete